We’ve teamed up with American Sweet Potato to bring you a selection of utterly delicious sweet potato recipes that are perfect for celebrating International Sweet Potato Week. Sweet potatoes are a big favourite for me when cooking for the family because of their great nutritional benefits – rich in vitamin A and C, most of the B vitamins, they also contain iron, calcium, selenium and are high in the antioxidant beta-carotene, as well as being a great source of fibre.
We’re kicking off International Sweet Potato week with a recipe for our super simple sweet potato breakfast rosti – so easy to make, naturally gluten free and great for breakfast or brunch.
Delicious easy brunch
- splash of olive oil
- 1 small onion - finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic - finely chopped
- 2 small sweet potatoes - peeled and grated
- 1 egg - beaten
- salt and pepper to season
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan and gently soften the onions and garlic for 5-10 minutes - then set aside.
- Meanwhile put the grated sweet potato onto a clean kitchen towel - wrap the towel around the sweet potato and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- In a bowl - mix together the sweet potato, onion, garlic and beaten egg - season with salt and pepper and mix together with a fork.
- Lightly grease a non-stick baking tray.
- Form the sweet potato mixture into 4 flat patties.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes - then flip them gently over and cook for a further 10-15 minutes or until hot throughout and crisping up nicely at the edges.
- Serve and eat immediately.
How to serve sweet potato rosti
- Delicious served topped with a poached egg alongside some oven blistered vine tomatoes.
- Serve as a sweet breakfast dish by skipping the onion and garlic and topping with fresh berries, Greek yogurt and toasted seeds.
You might also just LOVE our other sweet potato recipes
- Sweet potato wedges with lemon and dill mayonnaise
- Baked sweet potato dessert with cinnamon apples
- Curried sweet potato soup
- Sweet potato soup with grilled cheese dippers
- Baked sweet potatoes with pesto marinated veggies and crumbled feta
- Mashed sweet potato
- Cheesy Peri Peri Sweet Potato Wedges
Disclosure – advertisement feature on behalf of American Sweet Potato