Lovely, creamy, garlicky tagliatelle with ham and peas. This meal is ready in around 10 minutes. It’s such a super quick meal and one the children really enjoy. A real easy family recipe.
Ideal for quick weeknight cooking and if there are any leftovers they are nice cold the next day.
- 2 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
- 6-8 thin slices of cooked ham - chopped into small pieces
- 4 handfuls of frozen peas
- 125ml double cream
- handful of finely grated parmesan
- 350-400g dried tagliatelle
- salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Bring to the boil a large pan of water, add a good pinch of salt and a swirl of olive oil, once it’s bubbling add the tagliatelle and frozen peas and allow the pasta to soften, using a spoon make sure it is all completely under the water. Bring the pan back to the boil and then turn down to a simmer - keep the lid off. Stir the tagliatelle every few minutes to prevent it from sticking together. Simmer for around 8-10 minutes until cooked.
- Whilst the pasta and peas are cooking add a splash of olive oil to a small pan and gently sizzle the garlic over a low heat to infuse the oil with garlicky flavour - after around 5 minutes pour the cream in and warm through gently.
- Once the pasta and peas are cooked - drain using a colander and then return to the pan - pour in the garlicky cream and toss well to coat, add the chopped ham, grated parmesan and a good sprinkling of black pepper.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 37028Total Fat: 315gSaturated Fat: 51gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 164gCholesterol: 9348mgSodium: 3102mgCarbohydrates: 6991gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 1472g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.