Lovely, creamy, garlicky tagliatelle with ham and peas. This meal is ready in around 10 minutes. It’s such a super quick meal and one the children really enjoy. A real easy family recipe.
Ideal for quick weeknight cooking and if there are any leftovers they are nice cold the next day.
Super quick italian style midweek meal of tagliatelle with ham and peas.
- 2 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
- 6-8 thin slices of cooked ham - chopped into small pieces
- 4 handfuls of frozen peas
- 125ml double cream
- handful of finely grated parmesan
- 350-400g dried tagliatelle
- salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Bring to the boil a large pan of water, add a good pinch of salt and a swirl of olive oil, once it’s bubbling add the tagliatelle and frozen peas and allow the pasta to soften, using a spoon make sure it is all completely under the water. Bring the pan back to the boil and then turn down to a simmer - keep the lid off. Stir the tagliatelle every few minutes to prevent it from sticking together. Simmer for around 8-10 minutes until cooked.
- Whilst the pasta and peas are cooking add a splash of olive oil to a small pan and gently sizzle the garlic over a low heat to infuse the oil with garlicky flavour - after around 5 minutes pour the cream in and warm through gently.
- Once the pasta and peas are cooked - drain using a colander and then return to the pan - pour in the garlicky cream and toss well to coat, add the chopped ham, grated parmesan and a good sprinkling of black pepper.
Divide between the plates - this is also nice with a cheeky little piece of garlic bread.