We’ve switched the beef for turkey in this lighter version of chilli con carne and loaded it onto crispy skinned oven baked potatoes for a simple, tasty family dinner.
Delicious lighter chilli recipe
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion - finely diced
- 1 finely sliced red chilli (remove seeds if you prefer)
- 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 red pepper - diced
- 500g turkey mince
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin kidney beans
- 1/2 tin water
- sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Add the olive oil to a large pan (one you can use in the oven as well as on the hob)
- Gently sauté the onions, garlic, chilli and peppers for around 5 minutes.
- Add the turkey mince and brown.
- Add the cumin, cinnamon and smoked paprika.
- Tip in the chopped tomatoes and half a tin of cold water.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Bring the chilli to the boil and then put on the lid and cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven - tip in the drained kidney beans and stir them in then return to the oven for a further 45 minutes.
Make Turkey Chilli your way…
- Go veggie and switch the turkey mince for Quorn
- Add in more veggies – try mushrooms and sweetcorn
How to serve Turkey Chilli
- We love this loaded into crispy skinned oven baked potatoes topped with soured cream and grated cheddar.
- Try it loaded onto nachos with grated cheese, jalapeño, soured cream and salsa.
- Make it into Mexican style sloppy joes.
- Serve with rice and salad.
Oooo you might also just love our turkey bolognese recipe here!