We’ve switched the beef for turkey in this lighter version of chilli con carne and loaded it onto crispy skinned oven baked potatoes for a simple, tasty family dinner.
Delicious lighter chilli recipe
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion - finely diced
- 1 finely sliced red chilli (remove seeds if you prefer)
- 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 red pepper - diced
- 500g turkey mince
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin kidney beans
- 1/2 tin water
- sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Add the olive oil to a large pan (one you can use in the oven as well as on the hob)
- Gently sauté the onions, garlic, chilli and peppers for around 5 minutes.
- Add the turkey mince and brown.
- Add the cumin, cinnamon and smoked paprika.
- Tip in the chopped tomatoes and half a tin of cold water.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Bring the chilli to the boil and then put on the lid and cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven - tip in the drained kidney beans and stir them in then return to the oven for a further 45 minutes.
Make Turkey Chilli your way…
- Go veggie and switch the turkey mince for Quorn
- Add in more veggies – try mushrooms and sweetcorn
How to serve Turkey Chilli
- We love this loaded into crispy skinned oven baked potatoes topped with soured cream and grated cheddar.
- Try it loaded onto nachos with grated cheese, jalapeño, soured cream and salsa.
- Make it into Mexican style sloppy joes.
- Serve with rice and salad.
Oooo you might also just love our turkey bolognese recipe here!
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Browse all our meat recipes here
Get more Mexican recipes here
Get all our delicious healthy turkey mince recipes here