Our Thai beef noodle salad is so good I never want eating it to end! It’s incredibly easy to make and if you like your food spicy then this is for you. Packed with fresh, fragrant flavours and made using leftover roast beef and raw veggies it’s a great midweek meal option.
My kids are happy to eat fresh chillies, but if yours aren’t so keen, just hold the chillies back until serving and only scatter them onto the dinners of the chilli lovers.
Quick spicy noodle bowl that's ready in an instant.
- 2 nests of instant rice vermicelli
- 1 portion of lime and ginger dressing
- 2 handfuls of roast beef - roughly chopped
- 2 handfuls of rocket - roughly chopped
- 2 large florets of broccoli - chopped into small pieces
- 4 spring onions - finely chopped
- 4 inches of cucumber - sliced into strips
- red chilli - finely chopped
- Cook the noodles as per the packet - the ones I use just need soaking in boiling water for 3 minutes, then drain and they're ready to use.
- Toss the noodles in a large bowl with half the lime and ginger dressing so they're all coated and separate.
- Add the chopped beef, rocket, broccoli, spring onions, cucumber strips and red chilli and toss well to mix.
- Pour in the rest of the dressing and toss well.
Make it your way…
- Just as delicious made using leftover roast chicken or pork.
- Don’t like noodles, then use microwave rice instead.
- Perfect in packed lunches.
- Switch the rocket for any greens you like.
- Go veggie and skip the meat altogether and throw in some roast peanuts instead.