Breakfast pizza is definitely a very good thing! Fresh pizza dough, topped with delicious tomato sauce, spinach, eggs and mozzarella is the perfect way to do brunch in style. Simple, rustic and super delicious.
We make up the dough the night before and just leave it in a bowl covered in clingfilm in the fridge overnight ready to roll in the morning.
Make breakfast pizza your way
- add on more toppings – sliced mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes work well.
- go spicy with some fresh chilli
How to serve breakfast pizza
- perfect for a laid back Saturday brunch.
PS… we think you might also just LOVE our fruity breakfast pancakes
hit subscribe below and never miss a post!
For the pizza dough
- 500g strong white flour
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 1/2 tsp dried yeast (not fast action)
- 1 tbs olive oil + a little extra for greasing
- 380ml warm (not hot) water
For the pizza topping
- 1 batch of tomato sauce or jar of flavoured passata - we use this tomato sauce
- 250g mozzarella
- 250g fresh baby spinach
- 1 egg per pizza
- oregano to sprinkle on before baking
- sea salt to sprinkle on before baking
- olive oil to drizzle after baking
For the pizza dough
- Add the flour and salt to a large mixing bowl
- Add the yeast to the water and stir.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour and pour in the tbs of olive oil and around 1/3 of the water, start to mix the dough by moving hand in circular motions in the well - bringing in more of the flour each rotation - continue adding the water and mixing the dough until you have a rough sticky dough
- Then tip out onto a lightly floured surface and knead the dough for around 10-15 minutes until it's a nice smooth elastic dough.
- Lightly oil a mixing bowl and pop the dough in, cover the bowl in clingfilm and leave on the worktop for around 3-4 hours to rise.
- Then remove the dough, knead for a few minutes and divide into 8 mini balls to roll into the pizza bases.
To make the pizza
- Heat the oven to 225C.
- Prepare the spinach - tip it into a colander stood in the kitchen sink - pour over a kettle full of freshly boiled water then leave for a few minutes to cool - once it's cool enough to pick up - squeeze the water out of it and roughly chop - then put to one side ready to use on the pizza.
- Roll out a mini ball of dough so it's nice and thin.
- Place the pizza base onto a baking tray - lined with baking paper and lightly floured. (use semolina flour for a more authentic taste)
- Top with a couple of spoonfuls of tomato sauce - spread thinly to cover dough.
- Dot on some mozerella cheese
- Dot on some of the spinach
- Make sure you leave a gap in the middle of the toppings to crack your fresh egg.
- Scatter over some dried oregano and sea salt, add a drizzle of oil.
- Cook in the oven for 8 minutes until the dough is cooked and the toppings starting to brown and your egg is cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with a little olive oil.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 411Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 819mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 17g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.