Take scrambled eggs up to a whole new level with our super tasty cheesy scrambled eggs recipe – serve with avocado and buttery toast for a total feast of a breakfast!
This is one of my all time favourite brunch recipes. Tangy feta cheese melted into scrambled eggs and served on buttery toast.
Just adding a few slices of avocado and a dash of hot chilli sauce makes this brunch recipe totally unforgettable and very definitely moreish!
And, best of all this breakfast recipe can be ready to eat in less than 5 minute! And who doesn’t like tasty, fast food?!
This is my absolute favourite scrambled eggs on toast recipe – just don’t think you can beat it!
Cheesy Scrambled Eggs Ingredients
To make the absolute BEST cheesy scrambled eggs you’ll just need a handful of ingredients.
- 2 eggs
- 30g feta cheese – feel free to choose a different cheese if you prefer – just grate it so it melts into the eggs as they cook
- 2 tsp olive oil – or use a small knob of butter if you prefer
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 sliced bread
- To serve – salt, pepper and hot chilli sauce – all optional
Get more delicious feta recipes here
How to make cheesy scrambled eggs
- Break the eggs into a small mixing bowl and crumble in the feta cheese. Then whisk together for around 20-30 seconds.
- If you’re serving your cheesy scrambled eggs on toast then toast the bread now and butter it and leave to one side.
- Add the olive oil to a small frying pan or saucepan over a medium heat. Then when it’s hot tip in the eggy cheese mixture and stir briskly with a spoon until it’s cooked through. It will only take around a minute to cook.
If you’re wondering does feta melt? Then yes it does, it’ll melt creamily into the hot eggs as you stir them in the pan.
- To serve – tip the cheesy scrambled eggs onto the toast and top with sliced avocado, a touch of Maldon sea salt and ground black pepper and I like mine with a generous drizzle of Nando’s Medium Chilli Sauce.
This is one of my favourite breakfast recipes
How to prepare avocado
Wondering how to prepare avocado for topping your toast?
- Choose a nice avocado – I prefer to buy the ripen at home avocados then I manage to be able to catch them when they’re just perfect for eating, rather than going mushy and over ripe.
- A good avocado that’s ripe and ready to eat should squash in just a little when you give it a squeeze – it should still feel firm, but be able to give a little when squeezed.
- Slice the avocado in half using a sharp knife all the way around – length ways.
- Then twist each half gently and pull the avocado apart to reveal the stone inside.
- Next, using a spoon simply scoop under the stone and flick it out.
- Then using a desert spoon – push the spoon into the avocado between the skin and the flesh and move it all around the avocado skin to loose the flesh which will then just scoop out so you can slice it ready for avocado toast.
Get loads more family food ideas here
How to serve scrambled eggs with feta cheese
Well our scrambled eggs with feta cheese are just perfect served on a slice of buttery toast and topped with avocado and chilli sauce. Avocado and egg work just so well together – don’t you think?
But that’s my favourite way to eat them – you can mix things up a little and find your own thing. Try…
- Topped with bacon and served alongside waffles (potato or American style)
- Try stuffing them into toasted pitta breads or wrapped in a soft flour tortilla.
- You could skip the hot chilli sauce and just add a sprinkling of red pepper flakes if you prefer.
- Turn them into Greek eggs and stir some chopped spinach through the scrambled eggs so it wilts as they cook – then serve alongside grilled vine tomatoes and fresh crusty bread.
Get hundreds of meal ideas and tasty recipes here
More delicious brunch recipes that are easy to make
If cooking weekend brunch is your thing then I think you’ll love these tasty, easy brunch recipes.
- Crazy Good Banana Cinnamon French Toast – a tasty little combination of French toast stuffed with bananas and sprinkled with cinnamon – super delicious! And really easy to cook.
- Blueberry French Toast – French toast made from brioche bread and topped with simply gorgeous sweet sticky blueberries.
- Eggy Bread Crumpets – quick and easy eggy bread crumpets topped with fresh strawberries, honey and mint.
Need some family dinner ideas?
Check out our meal planning guide here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planning tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes your whole family will LOVE!
- 2 eggs
- 30g feta cheese
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Break the eggs into a small mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Tip in the feta cheese and mix for a couple of seconds.
- In a small saucepan tip in the olive oil and heat over a medium heat.
- Tip in the cheesy egg mixture and stir briskly with a wooden spoon until cooked through properly. (usually around a minute)
- Serve as you like.
I love the scrambled eggs with feta served on toast with avocado and chilli sauce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 399mgSodium: 417mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 17g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Save our delicious cheesy scrambled eggs recipe to Pinterest for your next brunch!