You are just going to LOVE these sausage sandwiches – super simple to make and seriously tasty to eat! These are great for a quick midweek dinner, those nights when you really fancy something yum but can’t really be bothered with doing too much cooking or faff.
Oh just the BEST sausage sandwiches EVER!
- 4 slices of white bloomer bread - buttered if you wish
- 8 chipolata sausages
- 1 red onion - thinly sliced
- 2 handfuls of rocket leaves
- 4 teaspoons of tomato chilli jam (or spiced tomato chutney)
- small handful of Parmesan shavings
- splash of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Put the sausages onto a non-stick baking tray and into the oven to cook for around 30 minutes or until cooked through. Turn them once around half way through cooking time. Slice them lengthways once cooked.
- Whilst the sausage cook - fry the onions in the olive oil over a medium heat until crispy.
- Make up the sandwiches - add a handful of rocket leaves to the bread - top with chipolatas, add a spoonful of tomato chilli jam, scatter over the Parmesan and top with the crispy onions.
Make sausage sandwiches your way
- Switch the chipolatas for any sausages you like or switch to meat-free sausages for a vegetarian version.
- Switch the white bloomer for granary or seeded bread.
- Use whichever salad leaves you like.
How to serve sausage sandwiches
- Delicious with a side of sweet potato wedges – try our sweet potato wedges with lemon dill mayonnaise – grab the recipe here.