Sour cream and chive dip is so ridiculously simple to make, it really only needs just two ingredients soured cream and freshly snipped chives, that’s it. Ready made shop bought sour cream dip tends to have added extras like preservatives and various other additives in the ingredient list too, so we do tend to like to mix up our own, especially as its just SO easy!
Super easy tasty dip
- 6 tbs soured cream
- handful of chives
- Tip the soured cream into a small bowl, snip in the chives and stir gently to combine.
How to grow chives
Chives are super easy to grow – well worth keeping a little pot of them in the garden as they taste so good not only in soured cream dip but also they add a nice delicate flavour to omelettes, egg mayonnaise and are great with salmon and new potatoes too.
- Sew chive seeds in pots of compost in early spring – I keep them indoors on the windowsill until they start to grow and until the weather is warmer.
- You can also buy young chive plants from the garden centre.
- Just cut the chives when you need them and the chive flowers are edible too – they make salads look extra nice!
How to serve sour cream and chive dip
- Delicious with potato wedges, crisps, breadsticks or vegetable batons.
- Perfect dolloped in a baked potato.
- Great with seafood salad.
You might also just LOVE our classic potato salad recipe