Our sour cream and chive dip is super easy to make – you’ll just need two ingredients and a few minutes to mix it!
Sour cream and chive dip is so ridiculously simple to make, it really only needs just two ingredients soured cream and freshly snipped chives, that’s it.
Ready made shop bought sour cream and chive dip tends to have added extras like preservatives and various other additives in the ingredient list too, so we do tend to like to mix up our own, especially as its just SO easy!
How to grow chives
Chives are super easy to grow – well worth keeping a little pot of them in the garden or even on a sunny windowsill indoors.
Chives taste so good not only in soured cream dip but also they add a nice delicate onion flavour to omelettes, egg mayonnaise and are great with salmon and new potatoes too.
- Sew chive seeds in pots of compost in early spring – I keep them indoors on the windowsill until they start to grow and until the weather is warmer.
- You can also buy young chive plants from the garden centre.
- Just cut the chives when you need them and the chive flowers are edible too – they make salads look extra nice!
Sour cream and chive dip ingredients
- 6 tbs soured cream
- handful of chives
How to make sour cream and chive dip
- Simply tip the soured cream into a small bowl, snip in the chives and stir gently to combine.
How to serve sour cream and chive dip
- Perfect dolloped in a baked potato.
- Great with seafood salad.
Get loads of lunch recipes and ideas here
More easy dip recipes you’ll just LOVE!
Get more delicious dips recipes here
- Pea Dip – a healthy pesto flavoured pea dip that’s great with fish fingers and potato wedges – super easy to make!
- Basic Hummus Recipe – grab our basic hummus recipe here and then learn how to flavour it up in so many different and delicious ways.
- Spicy Mayonnaise Dip – this creamy mayo dip is oh so perfect with chips!
NEED SOME FAMILY MEAL IDEAS?
Check out our meal planning here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planner tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes your whole family will LOVE!
- 6 tbs sour cream
- small bunch chives - snipped
- Simply mix the snipped chives into the sour cream and serve
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 79Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Get more picnic ideas here
You might also just LOVE our classic potato salad recipe
Get more snack recipes here