Charity Advertisement Feature
The Big Broth campaign
Centre Point would LOVE for you to be a souper trouper this November 2nd. Just sign up for THE BIG BROTH and for one day host a soup party! You can host your party at home, at work – anywhere you can warm up a pan of soup really!
You could challenge your family, friends or colleagues to cook up a delicious panful of soup, then gather around, top your soup with tasty bits and enjoy! Remember the more soup you serve the more money will be raised to help homeless young people.
Smoky Pumpkin Soup for The Big Broth
We’ve been working on a delicious smoky pumpkin soup recipe that’s just perfect for the occasion!
Super tasty autumn soup
- 4 handfuls of chopped pumpkin flesh (or use butternut squash)
- 3 carrots - peeled and sliced into batons
- 2 leeks - sliced into chunks
- 1 onions - sliced into wedges
- 2 celery sticks - sliced into quarters
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 pint hot vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Add all the chopped vegetables to a roasting tin - drizzle over the olive oil, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Get your hands in and toss everything together so it's all nicely coated.
- Roast in the oven for around 20 minutes until tender and starting to brown.
- Tip the roast vegetables into a blender - scrape all the brown bits and oil into the blender too - it adds to the flavour.
- Blitz the soup whilst pouring hot vegetable stock into the blender bowl - add more stock if you like a smoother soup.
- Once smooth - pour into a pan for keeping warm on the hob.
Make Smoky Pumpkin Soup your way
- Add spice with a freshly chopped chilli.
- Add delicious toppings – smoky cheese, blue cheese, crispy croutons, crisp tortilla wedges, chopped nuts, a swirl of yogurt or soured cream.
How to serve Smoky Pumpkin Soup
- Delicious autumn lunch – or take in a thermos and off out for an autumn picnic.
Soup making not your thing?
You can still join in The Big Broth – head over to the supermarket and pick up a carton of Yorkshire Provenders The Big Broth soup.
How to join in The Big Broth
Souper Troupers can register to be part of the first ever Soupathon and download a starter pack at: www.centrepoint.org.uk/bigbroth
Keep up to date with Centre Point and The Big Broth over on social media
- Facebook: facebook.com/centrepoint.charity
- Twitter: twitter.com/centrepointuk & #TheBigBroth
- YouTube: youtube.com/centrepointuk
Disclosure – charity feature for Centre Point – The Big Broth campaign. For full details of my disclosure policy please read here.