Follow our pre Christmas cleaning tips and get your home sparkling clean, decluttered, organised and looking great before Christmas
I love the big Christmas clean, as tempting as it is to just throw Christmas all over the house and hope it covers the mess… it really is a great idea to do a deep clean of your home.
Really go through everything and do a pre Christmas deep clean. Clean top to bottom in every room, especially if you’ve got kids, they tend to create mess…
Why I do the big pre Christmas clean up
- Because I like to prepare my home for Christmas, then my house is properly clean and decluttered for the holidays, it makes it feel good to be in.
- It gives me a chance to take stock, look at what I own and get rid of stuff I don’t want anymore. A pre Christmas clear out is always a good thing.
- I love the sense of satisfaction that I get from an organised house and how easy it makes life!
- It gives me chance to go through the kids toys and clothes and give-away things that are no longer used, oh… and make room for the new things.
- Once the house is really clean and organised, housework takes less time which means more time for spending with family and friends, which is great for over Christmas when it’s usually busy and cleaning isn’t high up on your list of things to do.
Pre Christmas Deep Cleaning
First up I print the Spring Cleaning Checklists and just use them as Christmas cleaning checklists. There’s one for every room in the house. These are great cleaning checklists, they just help you work through everything quickly.
Pre Christmas Cleaning Tips
For my pre Christmas cleaning tasks I start in the bedrooms and work my way around the house one room at a time.
I do find that even though I do a big deep clean every year during the springtime, I still find that by December I manage to get a good 2-3 large bags of rubbish and charity shop donations out of the house just before Christmas.
It usually takes me a weekend to do the big Christmas clean and I do get the kids to help out.
Once I’ve finished the cleaning I drop off the charity donations at the shop and then we make a big fuss of spending a day decorating the house, getting Christmassy and throwing ourselves into the Christmas spirit with festive food, mince pies and wine.
Loads more ideas for family celebrations here!
I love the big Christmas clean, it’s traditional, my mum and grandma used to do it and so now I do it… maybe the big Christmas clean is a Northern thing?
How to be organized with housework
Don’t let housework get you down – grab our best housework and cleaning tips. Get yourself organised and make life so much easier!
Cleaning supplies list
It’s a whole lot easier to tackle the cleaning if you have a cleaning cupboard stocked with the essentials. Get our cleaning cupboard essentials checklist here.
Save our Christmas Cleaning Tips to Pinterest for Later!
Loads more ideas for Christmas celebrations here!
Hey! – We hope our Christmas cleaning checklist makes your pre Christmas cleaning a whole lot easier! We love to see your before and after cleaning photos – tag us on Twitter @daisiesandpieUK or Instagram @daisiesandpie
For a clean and tidy home get our BEST cleaning tips here
Get more home and garden tips here