The easy way to iron a shirt in 6 simple steps.
- Iron the inside of the collar.
- Iron the shirt yoke.
- Iron the back of the shirt – pulling it to one side, then the other, to iron right up to the edge of the seam.
- Iron the first front panel of the shirt – carefully whizzing the iron in between the buttons.
- Do the same on the other side of the shirt – taking care to press down the button hole band.
- Iron the sleeves, I keep the cuffs fastened for speed – be sure to iron both sides.
Shirt ironing tips