The nicest egg salad sandwiches are made with the freshest tastiest bread, free range eggs and always Hellmann’s mayonnaise.
To make up a pretty perfect egg salad sandwich of your own you’ll need a couple of boiled eggs, roughly chopped, mix in a dessertspoon of mayonnaise, the smallest tip of a teaspoon of mustard and two finely chopped spring onions.
To make up your sandwich slice the bread, add some lettuce, pile on the egg mayonnaise and some cracked black pepper, add the top slice of bread, squash together and tuck in.
These little sandwiches are perfect for lunch, picnics, afternoon tea or just because you fancy one.
Because sometimes simple is all it takes...
- 4 slices of bread - pick a rustic loaf for added flavour
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1 dessert spoon of mayonnaise
- Tip of a tsp of English mustard
- 2 spring onions - finely chopped
- handful of lettuce leaves
- cracked black pepper
- Chop the eggs and mix with the mayonnaise, mustard and spring onions.
- Add lettuce leaves to the bottom slice of bread, load on the egg mayonnaise add a sprinkling of black pepper, top with a slice of bread.
- Serve with fresh fruit.
Make it your way
- fancy spice – add a pinch of curry powder
- fancy meat – add a slice of ham. Mmmm ham & eggs…
- want to cut a few calories – use low fat yogurt instead of mayo