We’ve been putting The Slimy Laboratory set to the PLAY TEST to see if it’s worth a spot on the MUST HAVE CHRISTMAS TOY LIST. So we’ve been super busy PLAYING to see just how much fun it really is!
The Slimy Laboratory is a great starter kit for getting kids interested in science and experiments – it has a fun approach that really appeals to kids but is simple enough for them to enjoy without being overly complicated.
What’s in The Slimy Laboratory kit?
Essentially loads of bits and pieces to create a few cool experiments! Including…
- latex gloves
- safety goggles
- stirrers and spoons
- test tubes
- measuring beakers and tubs
- food colouring tablets
- calcium chloride
- sodium alginate
- corn starch
For certain experiments you’ll need to add a few items – like yogurt or cooking oil.
What we LOVED about The Slimy Laboratory kit
- The experiments were easy to follow and easy enough for kids to do, obviously with supervision due to the chemicals used. There was also good explanations provided in the booklet as to why the experiments worked and what caused the reactions.
- The experiments were FUN you can choose from making a mega bubble, coloured spheres, jelly worms, strange blobs, magic liquid and homemade plasticine.
- We loved how you can customise the experiments by choosing the colours you wanted to use.
- We loved that it inspired an interest in science.
- We also loved that it provided all the safety information needed to play with the kit safely.
- Priced at just £15 this makes a great Christmas gift.
Do we recommend The Slimy Laboratory kit?
Yes! It’s a fun starter kit. Brilliant for inspiring imagination and interest in science. A few things to keep in mind though – it’s only suitable for children aged 8+ and they will need adult supervision to prevent any accidents with the chemicals. I’d say the kit is probably best suited to children aged 8-10 years and perfect for those kids that just LOVE slime!
Where can I buy The Slimy Laboratory?
- It’s approved by the Science Museum so you can order direct from The Science Museum shop. Priced at £15.00
Disclosure – The Slimy Laboratory was provided free of charge for review. For full details of my disclosure policy please read here.