There’s something super cosy about snuggling up for a Halloween movie night in with the kids, it’s definitely firmly on our list of traditional Halloween activities, right up there with decorating the house, Halloween party, Halloween dinner and ‘trick or treating’ – it’s kinda nice to go all out on celebrating things and making memories.
What you need for Halloween Movie Night
- A selection of age appropriate Halloween spooky films. For us it wouldn’t be Halloween without Hocus Pocus, Ghostbusters, Casper and the Addams Family (sometimes we have to do two movie nights, to squeeze in all the films).
- Film night treats – a little selection of delicious food – hot dogs or loaded nachos, we have to have Mars Bar dip tray and as it’s Halloween I throw together some Halloween sweets and cakes too.
- For movie night PJ’s and loads of snuggly blankets and throws are a must… although you could go all out and put on your Halloween costume if you liked.
Make Family Halloween Movie Night Extra Fun
- Turn off the mobiles so there’s no distractions.
- Close the curtains.
- Dim the lights – or go for spooky atmosphere with strings of Halloween fairy lights or jack-o-lanterns (be sure to keep real candles away from children and fire hazards – you can buy battery operated tea-lights which make things safer for kids)
- Snuggle up on the sofa and get cosy with the blankets and throws.
You might also just love our kids Halloween crafts and decoration ideas here – loads to choose from.
Disclosure – collaborative post with HMV – for full details of my disclosure policy read here.