I love to make tiffin, it’s really easy and completely and utterly loaded with chocolate. And just sometimes a sweet, sticky, chocolate loaded treat is exactly what I want, preferably with coffee, a magazine and my feet up. It’s the little things that make me happy.
Totally indulgent little chocolate treat.
- 250g chocolate (min 70% cocoa solids)
- 200g unsalted butter
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 150g roasted shelled hazelnuts - chopped
- 200g McVitie's Digestives roughly chopped
- 150g dried figs - chopped into small pieces
- 75g white chocolate
- Grease and line a 20cm square tin.
- Melt the dark chocolate, golden syrup and butter slowly in a saucepan, stirring all the time.
- In a mixing bowl add the McVitie's Digestives, chopped hazelnuts and figs.
- Pour over 2/3 of the melted chocolate mixture and stir well to coat everything. Tip the tiffin mixture into the tin and press down well to flatten. Pour the last third of the melted chocolate over the top of the tiffin and spread with a spatula to get even coverage.
- Melt the white chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water. Then drizzle over the tiffin and using a cocktail stick swirl into the melted dark chocolate to make a pattern.
- Put the tiffin in the fridge to set before serving.
- This would be a great recipe to use up leftover Easter chocolate
Disclaimer: the ingredients and recipe for the tiffin were sent over free of charge from McVitie’s. For full details of my disclosure policy please read here
Get all our easy dessert recipes here
Get more absolutely delicious easy chocolate recipes here.
Love sweet stuff? – get our most delicious recipes here