These are the quickest little lanterns ever, they literally take just ten minutes and I love them. They’re rough, urban, totally junky and super cute dotted around the garden on a warm summer night. You can even make these whilst camping.
What you need to make tin can lanterns
- tin cans – label removed, washed and dried.
- a punch hole piercing tool (or just use a penknife screw-driver)
- a couple handfuls of gravel
- tea light candles
- cup of coffee….
How to make tin can lanterns
- decide on your pattern – hearts, leaves and flowers all work well.
- grab your hole piercing tool and punch the holes through the tin can carefully.
- add a small handful of gravel to the base of the can, just to give it a little weight to stop it blowing over in the wind. Lifting the candle a little higher in the tin can also makes it easier to light with a match.
That’s it! Easy, simple, twinkly and pretty.
Get more garden inspiration here
Get more home and garden tips here