Okay, you’re going to love this tomato and spinach gnocchi bake recipe because it’s ready so fast, it’s flavoursome and just ideal for a busy weeknight. If your kids don’t like gnocchi, then just switch it for some fresh pasta which will still cook quickly.
Easy, quick and totally delicious.
- 2 x 400g tins/cartons of finely chopped tomatoes with chilli
- 6 discs of frozen spinach
- 800g fresh gnocchi
- 250g ball mozzarella
- Splash of olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Make the quick sauce, just add a splash of olive oil to a saucepan, tip in the chopped tomatoes, add the frozen spinach and season with salt and black pepper.
- Whilst the sauce cooks, add the gnocchi to a pan of boiling salted water and cook as per the packet instructions (usually takes around 3 minutes)
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Drain the gnocchi and stir into the tomato and chilli sauce - tip into a baking dish and dot the top with pieces of mozzarella cheese.
- Cook under a hot grill until the cheese starts to melt and brown.
- Serve just as it is or add a side salad.
Make tomato and spinach gnocchi your way
- Switch the tomatoes with chilli for the ones with basil for a milder taste.
- Top with shredded parmesan cheese instead of mozzarella.
- Add a creamy touch and stir through some cream cheese or mascarpone.
How to serve tomato and spinach gnocchi
- Serve alongside some garlicky crostini for mopping up the juices.
- Add a fresh crunchy salad, simply dressed with lemon juice.
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Get loads more delicious easy pasta dishes here
Get more quick and easy meals here
Get all our delicious vegetarian recipes here