Tomato, chickpea and feta salad simply drizzled with vinaigrette dressing. A really quick and wholesome salad to throw together and makes a lovely accompaniment to fresh spring and summer dishes.
Fab summery tomato, chickpea and feta salad.
- 250g baby tomatoes - sliced into halves
- tin chickpeas
- 150g feta cheese
- 1tbs olive oil
- 1tbs red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper - tiny pinch of red chilli flakes (optional)
- handful of torn basil leaves
- handful of flat leaf parsley chopped
- Scatter the tomatoes and chickpeas onto a large serving platter.
- Crumble over the feta cheese.
- Mix a simple vinaigrette - simply whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar and a pinch of salt and grind of black pepper - I like to add the tiniest pinch of chilli flakes too as it works so well with the feta.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad just before serving.
This is simply delicious served as part of our slow roast lamb and garlicky flatbreads. It’s also very good with grilled salmon or a spanish tortilla.
And substantial enough to be a quick meal idea if you’re short of time!
Love your Leftovers – Leftovers are great the next day – thrown into a large green salad or simply mixed with some herby couscous.