Advertisement Feature Recipe for Copper Dog Whisky
Warm up on a cold winters day with a traditional hot toddy – our classic warm winter cocktail is made with Copper Dog whisky, honey, spices and a twist of lemon.
Affiliate Disclosure – I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post. If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read full disclosure policy here
Copper Dog whisky
Copper Dog is a premium blended Scotch whisky. It’s a unique blend of eight single malt whiskies married in oak casks, first created in the Craigellachie Hotel.
Copper Dog is smooth, whisky, easy to drink both neat or mixed, with fruity flavours with a touch of vanilla and spices.
Hot toddy ingredients
What are the ingredients in a hot toddy?
- 50ml Copper Dog Whisky
- 4 tsp honey
- 1 lemon – choose a large juicy one – squeeze half and slice half.
- Cinnamon stick – broken in half
- 12 cloves – or enough to decorate a slice of lemon in a little pattern
How do you make a hot toddy?
To make a traditional hot toddy, first boil a kettle of water and leave it to cool down a little.
For this recipe you need to make sure you use glasses that can withstand very hot/boiling water or use mugs.
Next mix together the honey and whisky in a little bowl or pan. Pour in the lemon juice and stir well to combine.
Then split the whisky, honey and lemon mixture between two glasses/mugs, and top up with the hot water.
I like to use lemon slices decorated with cloves just so it looks extra lovely.
Slip the clove studded lemon slice and cinnamon stick into the glass and let the flavours infuse for a minute or two before sipping.
Hot Toddy Recipe
- 50ml Copper Dog Whisky
- 4tsp honey
- 1 lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 8 cloves
- Hot water to top up
- First boil the kettle and then leave it to cool for a while- for this recipe you need to make sure you use glasses that can withstand very hot/boiling water or use mugs.
- Next mix together the honey and whisky in a little bowl or pan. Pour in the lemon juice and stir well to combine.
- Then split the whisky and honey mixture between two glasses, and top up with the hot water.
- Slip the clove studded lemon slice and cinnamon stick into the glass and let the flavours infuse for a minute or two before sipping. Taking care obviolulsy as it's very hot
Save our hot toddy whisky recipe to Pinterest for later
Get more alcohol drinks recipes here
For full details of my disclosure policy please read here.
Fancy a cocktail? Try one of our cocktail recipes here
Get more drink recipes here