Delicious, quick and easy tuna muffin melts that are ideal for when you need to make lunch for lots of kids at once. These are a great standby lunch for during the school holidays too and older children can make these themselves.
Quick and easy tuna melt recipe that kids can make themselves.
- 6 muffins - sliced into halves
- 3 tbs tomato puree
- 1 large tin of tuna mixed together with 1 tbs of mayonnaise
- 1 small tin of sweetcorn
- half a jar of antipasti chargrilled peppers
- 3 large handfuls of grated cheese
- Heat the grill to high- it's a good idea to line the grill pan with tin foil so you don't have to clean up the mess.
- Spread the muffins over the grill pan, spread them with the tomato puree, then add the tuna mayonnaise, scatter over some sweetcorn, peppers and grated cheese.
- Put under the hot grill and cook until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
Make it your way…
- add in some different types of veggies, try thinly sliced mushrooms or chopped tomatoes and olives.
- go healthier and switch to wholemeal muffins.
- go veggie and skip the tuna.
- add a little spice with a squirt of chilli sauce.
- Great for feeding the kids quickly and easily for lunch.
- As an afterschool snack.