Our tuna muffin melts are great for cooking for the kids lunch – feed them and all their little friends with this super easy tasty recipe!
Delicious, quick and easy tuna muffin melts that are ideal for when you need to make lunch for lots of kids at once.
These are a great standby lunch for during the school holidays too and older children can make these themselves.
Seriously, what could be easier than a tray of quick and easy toasted sandwiches. And best of all, these little muffins taste totally delicious!
Tuna Melt English Muffin Ingredients
Enough to serve 6 kids and super easy to make more!
- 6 muffins – sliced into halves
- 3 tbs tomato puree
- 1 large tin of tuna
- 1 tbs of mayonnaise
- 1 small tin of sweetcorn
- half a jar of antipasti chargrilled peppers
- 3 large handfuls of grated cheese
Get lots more delicious, healthy kid friendly recipes here
Tuna Muffin Melt Recipe
- Heat the grill to high– it’s a good idea to line the grill pan with tin foil so you don’t have to clean up the mess.
- Top the muffins – Spread the muffins over the grill pan, spread them with the tomato puree, then add the tuna mayonnaise, scatter over some sweetcorn, peppers and grated cheese.
- Cook the muffin melts – put under the hot grill and cook until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
Get loads of lunch recipes and ideas here
Make Our Tuna Toasted Sandwiches Your Way
- add in some different types of veggies, try thinly sliced mushrooms or chopped tomatoes and olives.
- go healthier and switch to wholemeal muffins.
- go veggie and skip the tuna.
- add a little spice with a squirt of chilli sauce.
What sides go well with tuna melts?
Love quick canned tuna recipes? Try these…
Love sandwiches – get lots more sandwich recipes and ideas here
- Tuna Bolognese – a quick store cupboard recipe using canned tuna that’s perfect for mid week dinner.
- Cheesy Pesto Tuna Melts – mmmmm these crusty French baguettes stuffed with pesto tuna or just so good!
- Potato Wedge Melt – potato wedges, corn, canned tuna and cheese – oh pile that plate up high with comfort food!
Get The Best Tuna Salad Recipe Here
NEED SOME FAMILY MEAL IDEAS?
Check out our meal planning here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planner tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes your whole family will LOVE!
- 6 English muffins
- 3 tbs tomato puree
- 160g can tuna
- 1 tbs mayonnaise
- 198g can sweetcorn
- 150g jarred peppers
- 200g grated cheese
- Heat the grill to high- it's a good idea to line the grill pan with tin foil so you don't have to clean up the mess.
- Scatter the muffins over the grill pan, spread them with the tomato puree, then add the tuna mayonnaise, scatter over some sweetcorn, peppers and grated cheese.
- Put under the hot grill and cook until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 600mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 20g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Love quick and convenient meals? Get our tinned tuna recipes here
Save our Tuna Muffin Melt on Pinterest for Later!
Hey – we hope you enjoy the recipe and when you cook it don’t forget to tag us your creations on Twitter @daisiesandpieUK or Instagram @daisiesandpie