Our Tuna Nicoise Salad is super easy to make, delicious to eat and ready in in just 20 minutes! Making it the perfect healthy summer midweek dinner.
How to make Tuna Nicoise Salad
Tuna nicoise salad is one of my favourite tuna salads. It’s so colourful and vibrant and is totally packed with flavour.
It’s a quick tuna salad to throw together and you can even do a basic Tuna Nicoise just from store cupboard and freezer ingredients! How easy is that?
It really is just a case of boiling eggs, new potatoes and green beans then tumbling them onto plates with tuna, olives, capers and tomatoes I then add a good drizzle of olive oil and serve. Simple and yet oh so delicious.
Delicious and healthy easy family meal
- 2-3 small new potatoes per person - peeled or scrubbed and chopped into quarters
- 3 large handfuls of green beans (frozen is fine)
- 4 eggs
- 4 handfuls of rocket leaves or mixed salad leaves
- 4 vine tomatoes - cut into wedges
- large handful of black olives
- 2 tbs capers
- 2 tins of tuna
- juice of a lemon
- flat leaf parsley
- Put the potatoes and green beans into a pan of water, bring to the boil and simmer for around 8-10 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- In another pan put the eggs into water and bring to the boil - gently boil for around 8-10 minutes. Then run them under cold water to cool.
- Whilst the eggs, potatoes and beans are cooking - open the tuna and toss in lemon juice and chop the tomatoes.
- Add a handful of rocket to the plates.
- Top with green beans and potatoes
- Scatter over the tuna, olives, capers and tomatoes.
- Peel the eggs and quarter - arrange them on top.
- Drizzle with olive oil
Make Tuna Nicoise Salad your way
I love Tune Nicoise salad just as it is – but you can always swap and change the ingredients to suit your own tastes. Try…
- Don’t like eggs – miss them out.
- Use fresh tuna or even salmon instead.
- Don’t like green beans – try peas.
- No potatoes – add some pasta or gnocchi.
- Need to make it from store cupboard – just try pasta (or tinned new potatoes), tuna, olives, capers, green beans, eggs and sun dried tomatoes.
- Go veggie and skip the tuna all together.
More canned tuna recipes for you to try…
Our super easy canned tuna recipes below are tried and tested and all get the thumbs up from the kids!