Delicious, healthy homemade turkey burgers with a fruity Mexican twist. The turkey burgers have only three ingredients – turkey mince, Mexican marmalade and a pinch of salt.
Yes! Mexican marmalade you read it correctly!
The Mexican marmalade is a spicy orange marmalade with ginger and chillies it makes a really tasty addition to the burgers and the sugar caramelises as they cook so the burgers turn a lovely sticky brown. If you can’t get hold of the Mexican marmalade then use orange marmalade and a pinch of chilli flakes or mango chutney.
The turkey burgers are super simple to make – open the meat bag/pack – tip in the marmalade and a pinch of salt, mix together with your hands and form into patties. Done. Just griddle or grill and serve.
I like to serve these burgers with a nice homemade Mexican roast tomato salsa, sliced avocado and Monterey Jack cheese all tucked up in a freshly baked ciabatta roll.
Deliciously juicy turkey burgers - moist, tasty and so quick to make.
- 500g turkey mince
- 2 heaped tbs Mexican marmalade - orange marmalade or mango chutney
- pinch of salt
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 4 handfuls of mixed salad leaves
- 4 tbs Mexican tomato salsa
- 2 avocados sliced
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- Open turkey mince packet - tip in the Mexican marmalade and pinch of salt and mix well with your hands.
- Form the meat into 4 patties.
- Cook on a medium hot griddle pan for around 10 - 15 minutes until cooked through with no pink remaining.
- Whilst the burgers are cooking split the ciabatta rolls, put on a handful of lettuce leaves and slice of Monterey Jack cheese.
- Once burgers are cooked - add the burger on top of the cheese, top with sliced avocado and a spoonful of salsa - squash on the lid.
Nice served with a portion of potato wedges.