Delicious, healthy homemade turkey burgers with a fruity Mexican twist. The turkey burgers have only three ingredients – turkey mince, Mexican marmalade and a pinch of salt.
Yes! Mexican marmalade you read it correctly!
I can’t get enough of the Mexican marmalade made by the fab little company In a Pickle. Spread thickly on hot buttery toast, scooped up with a celery stick and now it’s found its way into my burgers.
The Mexican marmalade is a spicy orange marmalade with ginger and chillies it makes a really tasty addition to the burgers and the sugar caramelises as they cook so the burgers turn a lovely sticky brown. If you can’t get hold of the Mexican marmalade then use orange marmalade and a pinch of chilli flakes or mango chutney.
The turkey burgers are super simple to make – open the meat bag/pack – tip in the marmalade and a pinch of salt, mix together with your hands and form into patties. Done. Just griddle or grill and serve.
I like to serve these burgers with a nice homemade Mexican roast tomato salsa, sliced avocado and Monterey Jack cheese all tucked up in a freshly baked ciabatta roll.
Deliciously juicy turkey burgers - moist, tasty and so quick to make.
- 500g turkey mince
- 2 heaped tbs Mexican marmalade - orange marmalade or mango chutney
- pinch of salt
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 4 handfuls of mixed salad leaves
- 4 tbs Mexican tomato salsa
- 2 avocados sliced
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- Open turkey mince packet - tip in the Mexican marmalade and pinch of salt and mix well with your hands.
- Form the meat into 4 patties.
- Cook on a medium hot griddle pan for around 10 - 15 minutes until cooked through with no pink remaining.
- Whilst the burgers are cooking split the ciabatta rolls, put on a handful of lettuce leaves and slice of Monterey Jack cheese.
- Once burgers are cooked - add the burger on top of the cheese, top with sliced avocado and a spoonful of salsa - squash on the lid.
Nice served with a portion of potato wedges.
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Browse all our meat recipes here
Get more Mexican recipes here
Get all our delicious healthy turkey mince recipes here