Our ultimate BLT makes a delicious take to work lunch or lazy Sunday morning brunch.
Soft malted brown bread, lightly toasted, topped with smashed avocado, crisp cool lettuce, slices of juicy red tomato add in some smoked bacon and top with a drizzle of creamy mayonnaise. Perfect.
make an ultimate BLT your way…
- skip the avocado for a traditional BLT
- go for an Italian vibe – use ciabatta, spread with pesto, top with avocado, bacon, lettuce and tomato
- go cheesy with a layer of cool cream cheese – maybe with a snip of chives
- heat things up a bit and throw in a scattering of chopped chilli
- 2 slices of malted brown bread
- 1 small avocado
- handful of lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato sliced
- 2 -3 rashers of bacon
- 1 -2 tsp mayonnaise
- Trim the fat from the bacon and grill the bacon until cooked to your liking.
- Lightly toast the bread.
- Top one slice of bread with smashed avocado, lettuce, sliced tomato, add the cooked bacon, drizzle over the mayonnaise and top with the other slice of toasted bread.
If you're packing this for lunch wrap tightly in grease proof paper and tie with string.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 816Total Fat: 62gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 45gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 1392mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 17gSugar: 7gProtein: 32g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.