For those days when only fish fingers will do! Throw together our ultimate fish finger sandwich with oven baked wedges and a creamy pesto pea dip. Quick and easy family dinner.
How to make the best fish finger sandwich
Our ultimate fish finger sandwich is a quick and easy dinner the kids will just LOVE. In fact… you’ll probably love it too!
Simply cook your fish fingers and slide them onto wholegrain rolls with fresh salad and a dollop of ketchup or tartar sauce.
Serve with tasty oven baked potato wedges and a pot of delicious homemade creamy pesto pea dip for dunking them in.
Best of all it’s all super easy to make and tastes oh so good! Great weeknight dinner for those days when you’re almost too busy to cook!
Fish finger sandwich ingredients
– for the fish finger sandwich
- 6 fish fingers – choose any you like – cod, hake or even the salmon ones
- 2 wholegrain bread rolls – again – switch this to suit yourself, if you love a fluffy white roll, then make your fish finger sandwich on that.
- 40g salad leaves – I usually use a bag of ready washed Bistro salad for this sandwich recipe.
- 1/2 tbs tomato ketchup – or switch this for tartar sauce or mayo if you prefer.
– for the potato side dish
- 300g frozen potato wedges – feel free to swap for sweet potato wedges, fries or even potato waffles
– for the pesto pea dip
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 tbs cream cheese
- 2 tsp pesto
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
How to make fish finger sandwiches
- Preheat the oven – first up heat the oven and put the fish fingers and potato wedges in to cook as per the packet instructions.
- Cook the peas – whilst the fish fingers and potato wedges cook mix up the pesto pea dip – cook the frozen peas as per the packet instructions, then rinse under cold running water to cool them quickly.
- Make the pea dip – tip the peas, cream cheese and pesto in to the blender and blitz until smooth – divide into little bowls for dipping.
- Prepare the bread rolls– split the bread rolls and add a handful of salad.
- Make the fish finger sandwiches – once the fish fingers are cooked – slide them into the bread rolls and add ketchup or tartar sauce.
- Plate up the dinner – serve the fish finger sandwiches with potato wedges and pesto pea dip on the side.
Get more fish and seafood recipes here
Make the fish finger sandwiches your way
Feel free to mix up the recipe anyway that you like. Some tasty ideas to try…
- Switch the bread rolls for thick cut white bread
- Add more salad or sliced tomatoes
- Serve with sweet potato wedges and hummus dip.
- Add a Monster Side Salad. – kids love these and they only take a few minutes to make.
Get lots more delicious, healthy kid friendly recipes here
Get more quick and easy kids dinner recipes here
- Quick chilli con carne with baked beans – a chilli con carne you can have on the table and ready to eat in just 30 minutes! Great with rice and salad for an easy dinner idea.
- Sweet chilli chicken wraps – tender chicken breast in a sweet chilli sauce with peppers and fresh salad. These are great served with our Chinese chips or with a side of vegetable rice.
- Tuna pasta – our easy tuna bolognese recipe is made from store cupboard ingredients and is ready in just 15 minutes. A delicious quick meal idea and kids LOVE it!
Get more quick and easy meals here
Need some family meal ideas?
Check out our meal planning here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planning tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes your whole family will LOVE!
- 6 fish fingers
- 2 bread rolls
- 40g salad leaves
- 1/2 tbs tomato ketchup
- 300g potato wedges
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 tbs cream cheese
- 2 tsp basil pesto
- Firstly up heat the oven and put the fish fingers and wedges in to cook as per the packet instructions.
- Whilst they cook mix up the pesto pea dip - cook the frozen peas as per the packet instructions, then rinse under cold water to cool them quickly.
- Tip the peas, cream cheese and pesto in to the blender and blitz until smooth - divide into little bowls for dipping.
- Split the bread rolls and add a handful of salad.
- Once the fish fingers are cooked - slide them into the bread rolls and add ketchup or tartar sauce.
- Serve with potato wedges and pesto pea dip on the side.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1202Total Fat: 57gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 40gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 1356mgCarbohydrates: 138gFiber: 17gSugar: 12gProtein: 36g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Save our delicious fish finger ideas to Pinterest for your next easy weeknight dinner!