For those days when only fish fingers will do! Throw together our ultimate fish finger sandwich with oven baked wedges and a creamy pesto pea dip. Quick and easy family dinner.
How to make the best fish finger sandwiches
Our ultimate fish finger sandwich is a quick and easy dinner the kids will just LOVE. Simply cook your fish fingers and slide them onto wholegrain rolls with salad and a dollop of ketchup or tartar sauce.
Serve with oven baked potato wedges and a pot of delicious creamy pesto pea dip for dunking them in. Easy and yum!
Super easy kids dinner!
- 6 fish fingers
- 2 bread rolls
- handful of salad
- tomato ketchup or tartar sauce
- frozen potato wedges
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 tbs cream cheese
- 2 tsp pesto
- First up heat the oven and put the fish fingers and wedges in to cook as per the packet instructions.
- Whilst they cook mix up the pesto pea dip - cook the frozen peas as per the packet instructions then rinse under cold water to cool them quickly.
- Tip the peas, cream cheese and pesto in to the blender and blitz until smooth - divide into little bowls for dipping.
- Split the bread rolls and add a handful of salad.
- Once the fish fingers are cooked - slide them into the bread rolls and add ketchup or tartar sauce.
- Serve with potato wedges and pesto pea dip on the side.
Make fish finger sandwiches your way
Feel free to mix up the recipe anyway that you like. Some tasty ideas to try…
- Switch the rolls for thick cut white bread.
- Add more salad or sliced tomatoes
- Serve with sweet potato wedges and hummus.
- Add a Monster Side Salad.