Kick off your day with a delicious vegan blueberry smoothie – a creamy blend of banana, blueberries and oat milk with just a touch of honey to sweeten naturally. Oat milk is definitely my preferred non-dairy milk, it has such a creamy taste and is delicious in coffee too!
I tend to whizz up a large bowl of this as the kids like it with breakfast and I like it because it’s getting 2 of their 5 a day into their diet.
Fresh and healthy vegan breakfast smoothie
- 1 large banana
- 2 handfuls of blueberries
- 150ml oat milk
- touch of honey to sweeten a little (optional)
- Add the banana, blueberries and oat milk to the blender and blitz until smooth - drizzle in just a touch of honey to sweeten if you like then blitz again.
- Pour into glasses and serve with a reusable straw.
Make vegan blueberry smoothie your way
- switch the oat milk for another non-dairy variety – try soya, coconut or almond.
- add in a handful of strawberries or raspberries alongside the blueberries.
How to serve vegan blueberry smoothie
- Fantastic as part of breakfast – try alongside some wholegrain toast or granola you might just like our Owl Toast recipe here.