Eat deliciously with our flavour packed satisfying vegetarian wrap filled with roast sweet potatoes, halloumi, hummus and salad. That’s lunch sorted!
How to make a great vegetarian wrap
Skip the expensive sandwich shop lunch wraps and make your own super tasty veggie wrap. Our Vegetarian Wrap is stuffed to bursting with roasted sweet potatoes, halloumi, homemade hummus and salad. It’s just completely lush! A really filling, vegetarian lunch.
Super tasty veggie wrap
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 large sweet potatoes - peeled and diced into 1 inch chunks
- 4 tbs hummus (we use homemade hummus - get the recipe here)
- 6 thin slices of halloumi cheese
- 2-3 handfuls of salad leaves
- 2 tsp chilli jam
- 2 tortilla wraps
- Heat the oven to 200C
- Toss the sweet potatoes in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper - tip onto a non-stick baking tray and roast in the oven for around 15-20 minutes until fork tender.
- Meanwhile - heat a frying pan so it's really hot and quickly dry fry the halloumi slices a minute or so on each side just to brown them - then leave them to cool.
- Once the sweet potatoes are ready - make up your wrap.
- Take your wraps - spread the hummus, load on the sweet potatoes, halloumi and salad - add a drizzle of chilli jam - wrap and eat.
- If you're taking these wraps for packed lunch or making them to eat later - let all the ingredients cool before making up your wrap otherwise it'll go soggy.
Make our vegetarian wrap your way…
It’s your wrap so add in the bits you like! Our veggie wrap recipe is also delicious made with…
- Feta instead of halloumi
- Butternut squash or roast carrots instead of sweet potatoes
- Try flavoured hummus – like our delicious sweet chilli beetroot hummus
- Add in more salad veggies – try grated carrots, courgettes, spinach, radish, sweetcorn or mixed beans.
- Try different wraps – seeded, gluten free, corn wraps all work well.
What sides go with vegetarian wraps
You can easily turn our vegetarian wrap into a substantial dinner by adding a few sides, try…