Eat deliciously with our flavour packed satisfying vegetarian wraps filled with roast sweet potatoes, halloumi, hummus and salad. That’s lunch sorted!
How to make a great vegetarian wraps
Skip the expensive sandwich shop lunch wraps and make your own super tasty veggie wrap.
Our Vegetarian Wrap is stuffed to bursting with roasted sweet potatoes, halloumi, homemade hummus and salad.
It’s just completely lush! A really filling, vegetarian lunch. This is one of my favourite, easy vegetarian meals. And who doesn’t love a great halloumi wrap recipe?
It’s great as a tasty lunch especially when you’re working from home and fancy something a “bit more cafe” style. It also makes a great, easy dinner recipe.
Make our vegetarian wraps your way…
It’s your wrap so add in the bits you like! So if you’re looking for new vegetarian wrap filling ideas our veggie wrap recipe is also delicious made with…
- Feta instead of halloumi
- Butternut squash or roast carrots instead of sweet potatoes
- Try flavoured hummus – like our delicious sweet chilli beetroot hummus – halloumi and hummus wrap is just a match made in heaven and our beetroot hummus recipe just makes it that little bit more special.
- Add in more salad veggies – try grated carrots, courgettes, spinach, radish, sweetcorn or mixed beans.
- Try different wraps – seeded, gluten free, corn wraps all work well.
What sides go with vegetarian wraps
Looking for vegetarian wrap dinner ideas, then you can easily turn our yummy sweet potato and halloumi wrap into a substantial dinner by adding a few sides, try…
- Spicy fries – deliciously spicy fries with a homemade harissa mayonnaise dip. These are the perfect side to serve with wraps or burgers.
- Oven baked wedges – homemade potato wedges are a great side dish for wraps and sandwiches.
- Courgette salad – if you fancy keeping things a little healthier – then try out our delicious grilled courgette and radish salad with chilli and mint.
- Sweet potato and chilli soup – try serving your delicious vegetarian wrap with a bowl of wholesome, healthy soup.
More vegetarian lunch sandwiches to try…
We just love our vegetarian wrap recipe for lunchtimes – but here’s some of our other favourite vegetarian sandwich recipes that are oh so good.
- Cream cheese and chilli jam – super tasty fresh bread, spread with cooling cream cheese topped with rocket and chilli jam. Simple and delicious.
- Cheese, chutney and apple mini pittas – tasty little stuffed pitta pockets that are great for the kids packed lunches.
- Grilled rainbow veggie sandwich – delicious veggie loaded sandwich drizzled in a lush tahini sauce.
You might also just LOVE our roast root veg couscous lunch bowl recipe
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 tbs hummus
- 100g halloumi sliced into 6 slices
- 50g salad leaves
- 2 tsp chilli jam
- 2 tortilla wraps
- Heat the oven to 200C
- Toss the sweet potatoes in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper - tip onto a non-stick baking tray and roast in the oven for around 15-20 minutes until fork tender.
- Meanwhile - heat a frying pan so it's really hot and quickly dry fry the halloumi slices a minute or so on each side just to brown them - then leave them to cool.
- Once the sweet potatoes are ready - make up your wrap.
- Take your wraps - spread the hummus, load on the sweet potatoes, halloumi and salad - add a drizzle of chilli jam - wrap and eat.
- If you're taking these wraps for packed lunch or making them to eat later - let all the ingredients cool before making up your wrap otherwise it'll go soggy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 589Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 780mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 7gSugar: 12gProtein: 21g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Save our tasty vegetarian wraps recipe to Pinterest for later!
Love to make homemade hummus? Try out these hummus flavours to add a tasty twist
Get loads of lunch recipes and ideas here
Love sandwiches – get lots more sandwich recipes and ideas here