We just love this healthy little veggie breakfast scramble, it’s a great base recipe that you can eat just as it is, or you can add in more veggies or even use up leftover veggies from yesterdays dinner.
Best of all, this veggie breakfast scramble is ready fast, tastes delicious and that’s exactly what you want in the mornings, something quick and easy.
Quick and easy veggie breakfast
- splash of olive or rapeseed oil
- 1 large vine tomato or handful of baby plum tomatoes - roughly chopped
- 2-3 cold boiled potatoes - roughly chopped
- 2 eggs - whisked together
- black pepper
- flat leaf parsley
- Add a splash of oil to the frying pan over a medium heat.
- Tip in the chopped tomatoes and potatoes and fry until warmed through.
- Add the egg mixture and stir through the veggies until cooked and firmed up to how you like them.
- Season with salt, pepper and a little chopped parsley.
Make veggie breakfast scramble your way
- Add in more veggies – try spinach, sliced mushrooms or diced peppers.
- Spice things up with a little pinch of chilli flakes.
- Stir in some chopped ham or cubes of cheese.
- Skip the potatoes for a lower carb version.
How to serve veggie breakfast scramble
- Eat just as it is, maybe add a glass of fruit juice and a side of granary toast.
- Fold into a tortilla wrap.