If you’ve got kids and pets then you’ll know that keeping the floors clean at home is hard work! When Vileda offered to send over their Steam Mop for me to try out I jumped at the chance to give it a whirl! If there’s a product that makes mopping quicker and less effort then, obviously I WANT IT. Less time cleaning means more time with the kids and that’s a good thing!
So… I’ve never actually owned a steam mop before as I was under the impression they weren’t good for laminate floors and made them look dull. I WAS SO WRONG! After using the steam mop for just a few days I’m a total convert and wish I’d bought one sooner! Seriously it’s so easy to use, makes the job so much easier and the floors have never been as clean!
What comes with the Vileda Steam Mop
- Steam mop body
- Steam mop handle
- Steam mop head
- Steam mop micro-fibre cleaning pads x 2
- Carpet steaming attachment for easier gliding
- Water jug
- Instruction manual
How to use the Vileda steam mop
Assembling the steam mop took literally a minute. It all clicks together really quickly and easily and it’s super straightforward.
And to use it couldn’t be easier either! Simply fill up the water tank using the water jug – I just used cold tap water – the tank holds 400ml.
Once it’s filled – replace the water tank cover and be sure to click it to the locked position. Then plug the steam cleaner in and switch it on – the button is just around the back. The machine literally takes just 15 seconds to heat up and be ready to use! Just how good is that??
You can select how much steam you’d like just using the dial on the front.
Operating the Vileda Steam Mop is super easy, it’s lightweight, easy to manoeuvre with its swivel head, it fits into corners and along edges and under furniture. Check out how easy it is!
You can also use the Vileda Steam Mop for refreshing your carpets – just clip on the carpet gliding tool, I quickly tried out this feature on the rug in the hallway which always gets lots of feet traipsing over it. It worked well and the rug came up looking refreshed.
The mop is really quite compact and slim line so it makes it easy to fit into storage cupboards for when not in use.
And now for the most important bit… how well did it clean? Well…. I thought my floors were clean but LOOK HOW MUCH DIRT IT MOPPED UP!
The micro-fibre mop pads can be washed in the washing machine at 60 degrees and come up really nice and clean and fluffy ready for using again.
What I loved about the Vileda Steam Mop
- I loved how quick it was to heat up – literally 15 seconds and it’s ready to use – that’s quicker than getting out a traditional mop and bucket and filling it with water!
- I loved how easy it was to move around and how well it cleaned!
- I loved just how simple and straightforward the product is – there’s nothing difficult – easy to assemble, easy to use and fantastic flooring clean.
- The cord is a great length to easily reach the entire room.
- The run time on one tank fill was around 10-15 minutes which was plenty of time to clean the whole of the downstairs hard floors.
- I loved how much time it saved me – it’s quicker than traditional mopping and cleans better.
- I loved how you can clean just using water and it kills 99.9% of bacteria – using less cleaning chemicals in a family home is very important to me.
- Pick up a Vileda Steam Mop here.
Disclosure – advertorial for Vileda for full details of my disclosure policy please read here.