Grab yourself a bag of mini Birds Eye Potato Waffles and turn them into this completely delicious tray of waffle nachos, completely loaded with toppings and 100% tasty!
Pimping up your Birds Eye potato waffles couldn’t be easier with our super simple waffle nachos recipe… well not sure if it counts as an actual recipe but… it does taste GOOD and that’s what counts, right?
Potato Waffle Nachos Ingredients
To make our loaded waffle recipe you’ll just need…
- 456g Bag of Birds Eye Potato Waffles
- 250g jar of tomato salsa – you can choose spicy salsa or cool, whichever you prefer.
- Bunch of spring onions – finely sliced
- 150g Cheddar cheese – grated
- Small bunch coriander – roughly chopped
- 250g soured cream and herb dip (you can choose any dip you like, this is the one we prefer)
- 1 tbs candied jalapeños – or freshly chopped chillies – these are optional just to add an extra kick of heat!
How to make waffle nachos
- Heat the oven and cook the mini Bird’s Eye Potato Waffles as per the packet instructions.
- Then tip the cooked waffles into an oven proof serving bowl – leaving a gap for the dip pot…
- Spoon over the tomato salsa, spreading around as you go.
- Sprinkle over the grated Cheddar cheese and scatter over half of the sliced spring onions.
- Put the topped potato waffle nachos back into the hot oven and cook until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Remove the waffle nachos from the oven, scatter over the rest of the sliced spring onions and the chopped coriander. Then if you like scatter over some jalapeños or chopped chillies. Add the dip pot to the corner of the serving bowl and serve straight away.
Enjoy dunking your waffle nachos in the creamy dip!
Get loads of lunch recipes and ideas here
Make potato waffle nachos your way
- Add in some chopped ham, crispy bacon or chorizo crumbs or spoon over homemade chilli con carne.
- Use whichever cheese you like or a combination of different cheeses.
- Scatter over sliced or diced peppers and sweetcorn, or try garlicky fried mushrooms.
- Serve with guacamole or spicy salsa for dipping.
Try serving with our delicious Sriracha Mayo Dip!
Get more cheesy recipes here
More tasty snack recipes to try
- Beetroot hummus with sweet chilli – whizz up this tasty, fiery dip recipe in minutes. Serve with bread sticks or crackers for dipping in. Healthy and delicious.
- Loaded potato skins – cook up a tray of loaded skins, stuffed to the brim with cheesy mash, ham and topped with soured cream.
- Mexican hotdogs (ad feature recipe) – you can make try of our loaded Mexican hotdogs in minutes, perfect game night snack! And ridiculously delicious!
NEED SOME FAMILY DINNER RECIPES INSPIRATION?
Check out our meal planning guide here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planning tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes your whole family will LOVE!
- 456g bag mini Birds Eye potato waffles
- 250g tomato salsa
- 150g Cheddar cheese - grated
- small bunch spring onions - finely sliced
- small bunch coriander - roughly chopped
- jalapeños - optional
- 250g soured cream dip to serve
- Cook the waffles as per the packet instructions.
- Tip them into an oven proof serving dish - leaving a gap for the dip.
- Spoon over the salsa.
- Scatter over the cheese and half the sliced spring onions.
- Put back into the oven and cook until the cheese is bubbling and delicious.
- Remove the waffle nachos from the oven and scatter over the reset of the spring onions and the chopped coriander.
- Scatter over some fiery jalapenos if you like a kick of heat.
- Add the dip and serve straight away.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 433Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 831mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 12g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Get more snack recipes here
Save our super tasty waffle nachos to Pinterest for your next snack attack!