A deliciously easy Waldorf salad, zingy, fresh and moreish. This simple classic salad has celery, apples and grapes tossed in a creamy mayonnaise dressing and finished with a sprinkling of crushed walnuts and freshly chopped dill.
Delicious classic salad dish.
- 2 sticks celery
- 1 large red apple
- 1 large handful of grapes
- juice of a lemon
- 1 tbs mayonnaise
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- small bunch of dill
- 4-5 walnuts bashed into small pieces
- Slice the celery, apples and grapes and put into a bowl and toss with half the lemon juice, this will just stop the apples from browning.
- In a separate bowl mix together the mayonnaise, rest of the lemon juice a pinch of sea salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat everything.
- Crush the walnuts and sprinkle them over the salad along with some freshly chopped dill.
Make Waldorf salad your way…
- Switch the grapes for raisins.
- Add in sliced radishes or finely chopped carrot.
- Make a meal of it and toss in cooked chicken or ham.
- Cut back on the fat content and switch the mayonnaise for low fat yogurt.
- Perfect as a lunch box filler.
- Pack into pots and take alongside sandwiches for lunch.
- Eat alongside pies, pasties or roast meat.