A deliciously tangled salad of watercress and chicory, dressed with a fiery chilli and ginger salad dressing. A tasty salad that’s really easy to make, quick to prepare and tastes just amazing alongside grilled chicken or fish. Perfect for late summer BBQs.
Delicious, fresh and zingy salad dish.
- for the salad
- 1 little gem lettuce - shredded
- 2 handfuls of watercress
- 200g baby tomatoes
- 4 inches of cucumber - sliced and cut into strips
- 1 chicory - leaves picked and left whole
- for the salad dressing
- 1 small red chilli - finely chopped
- thumb sized piece of ginger - peeled and finely grated
- juice of a lime
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- Arrange all the salad vegetables into a shallow dish.
- Mix up the salad dressing ingredients in a small bowl and spoon over the salad when ready to eat.
make it your way…
- turn it into a main course salad by adding grilled chicken or prawns and a handful of rice noodles.
- skip the chilli and just enjoy the warmth from the ginger.
- swap the watercress for rocket leaves.
- as a BBQ side dish alongside grilled chicken or fish kebabs.
- take it for lunch (add the dressing just before you eat)
- stuffed into pitta breads with grilled halloumi.