For a delicious icy cold drink on a hot summer day try our irresistible watermelon cooler. This mouthwatering, easy to make drink will be a big hit with you and the kids.
With just two ingredients our watermelon cooler couldn’t be more simple. First cut two large wedges of water melon and slice the juicy fleshy part from the skin. Throw it all into the food processor. Blitz until it’s a nice smooth puree, then strain through a sieve to remove any melon seeds.
Fill a glass with ice-cubes, pour over the watermelon puree and then top up with icy cold lemonade and add a straw. Simple and utterly delicious.
Deliciously refreshing icy cold fruity drink - perfect for a hot summer day.
- 2 fat slices of watermelon
- lemonade to top up
- Remove the melon flesh from the skin and throw into a food processor.
- Blitz until a smooth puree.
- Strain the puree through a sieve (use the back of a spoon to help push it through if needed)
- Fill a glass with ice cubes and pour over the watermelon puree, top up the glass with lemonade.
- Add a straw and garnish with a sprig of mint.
Make it your own way…
- add in some summer fruits like strawberries or raspberries for a twist on the flavour.
- top up with ginger beer or sparkling water instead of lemonade