Watermelon drinks are super easy to make – our watermelon lemonade recipe is so thirst-quenching and refreshing. It’s my favourite summer drink!
How to make watermelon lemonade
Our irresistible watermelon lemonade is so easy to make! The watermelon drink recipe will be a big hit with you and the kids.
With just two ingredients our watermelon lemonade couldn’t be more simple. First cut two large wedges of water melon and slice the juicy fleshy part from the skin. Throw it all into the food processor. Blitz until it’s a nice smooth puree, then strain through a sieve to remove any melon seeds.
Fill a glass with ice-cubes, pour over the watermelon puree and then top up with icy cold lemonade and add a straw. Simple and utterly delicious.
Deliciously refreshing icy cold fruity drink - perfect for a hot summer day.
- 2 fat slices of watermelon
- lemonade to top up
- ice to serve
- Remove the melon flesh from the skin and throw into a food processor.
- Blitz until a smooth puree.
- Strain the puree through a sieve (use the back of a spoon to help push it through if needed)
- Fill a glass with ice cubes and pour over the watermelon puree, top up the glass with lemonade.
- Add a straw and garnish with a sprig of mint.
What other fruits can I add to watermelon lemonade?
It’s super easy to add extra fruits into our summery watermelon lemonade drink – you might love the ideas below for a twist on the classic flavour…
- add in some summer fruits like strawberries or raspberries for a twist on the flavour.
- add a twist of limes – peel and throw in the blender to blitz.
- try topping up with ginger beer or sparkling water instead of lemonade