Wondering what to eat with gin & tonic? We’ve a whole selection of tasty nibbles that go perfectly alongside gin!
We’ve been trying out the very lovely new Pickerings 1947 Gin from 31Dover.com, the 1947 edition is made exactly to the original recipe written in Mount Mary, Bombay in 1947.
Cinnamon, coriander, cardamom and clove is included in the botanical mix giving a spicy, sweet little kick, the Pickering’s 1947 gin is a smooth drink, warming, decadent and perfect with tonic water and wedges of lime.
Now… we wanted to celebrate this gorgeous gin with a few Indian style nibbles to really bring out the flavours. So if you fancy throwing together some Indian style snacks, here’s what we think works well, both in flavours that pair with the gin and the amount of effort needed to make them…
What to eat with your Gin & Tonic
A lovely selection of Indian inspired snacks that go perfectly with gin and tonic.
- Delicious little crisp vegetarian samosa bites, still warm from the oven – you can get the samosa bite recipe here.
- Quick chicken tikka skewers – make life easy, buy diced chicken breast, quickly fry it up into a pan, add a couple of spoonfuls of tikka curry paste, cook for around 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through completely – then skewer onto cocktail sticks and pile them up on a plate.
- Add some bowls of mini popadoms, alongside mango chutney, some freshly made mint raita (just stir natural yogurt with fresh chopped mint leaves and season with salt and pepper)
- Make up a little tomato and onion relish (just finely dice the tomatoes and onion, stir in lots of freshly chopped coriander and season with salt and pepper and a good squeeze of lemon juice – add in some chilli if you like things hot)
- Set out a few jars of Bombay mix or chilli nuts.
Disclosure: The Pickering’s 1947 gin was provided free of charge from 31Dover.com for review – For full details of my disclosure policy please read here
Get more alcoholic drink recipes here.
Get more drink recipes here
More easy gin recipes here
Get more easy Indian recipes here
Get more party food platters and buffet food ideas here