What’s That Smell is the hilarious party game from WowWee and let me tell you this game just STINKS!
Essentially you need 2 – 6 players or you could have more and join together as teams – it’s your game, play it however you fancy. Once you have your players or teams then get going. You need an answer/score sheet per team, a little smelly card holder, a pen, a timer (use your phone) and errr some noses!
Now we did read through the rules of play BUT… rules and following them aren’t my strong point SO… here’s what we did (and we missed out the app bit – which is available) because we fancied playing without.
We split into teams, which actually worked out better as it turns out… I have a RUBBISH sense of smell, but still managed to win due to teaming up with a more sophisticated scent tracking nose which would’ve rivalled a basset hound!
So – we decided on a time of 30 seconds per turn – to add a little speed and drama (oh and bad-temperedness from those team members who get grumpy under pressure) – we started the time – scratched the sniffing bit and sniffed, argued over our answers and hastily scribbled them on the answer paper.
Now to score some points in this game – this is how it works
- Guess the right answer = 5 points.
- Don’t quite guess the right answer but guess one of the ‘nearly right” answers = 3 points
- Guess the right stink category = 1 point
Then you can add another element to the game whereby you retell a funny little smell related memory and the other teams decide if it’s worth 2 extra points.
Once our team had sniffed and guessed – we handed the stinking card over to the other team for them to have a go. Then tot up the score and keep a record of it on the score sheet.
You get 6 rounds in a game. THEN…. the winners get to choose one of the seriously rotten smelling cards for the other team to sniff in a “WHIFF OF SHAME” loser consequence. With delightful scents like ‘hot chunky vomit” and “diaper blowout” to choose from. BLLLEEEEUUUURRKKKK! Just VILE.
The game is suitable for those aged 14 years and over (although our youngest child did join in too and enjoyed it)
What’s That Smell – what we loved
- It’s a simple game to play – you can interpret the rules however you like and still have a fun game.
- We liked that you can play it just sat around in the living room – you don’t need to cram around a table – it’s a laid back type of game.
- We loved the competitive spirit!
- You don’t need the app but it does offer added game play like a timer, ReekCam for recording the Whiff of Shame in slow-motion glory! Ya know… for sharing on social media!
Where can I buy What’s That Smell?
- Available from toy shops, Amazon, Argos to name a few from around £17.99 – £25 depending on retailer.
Disclosure – the What’s That Smell game was sent over free of charge for review for full details of my disclosure policy please read here.