Garlic and Herb Mashed Potato - Christmas Dinner Side Dish
Delicious, fluffy, creamy, flavoursome mashed potatoes
- 2 kg Red Potatoes peeled and chopped into similar sized chunks
- 50 g Unsalted Butter
- 2 Cloves Garlic peeled and finely grated
- 100 ml Full Fat Milk
- 1 tbs Chopped Thyme Leaves
- 1 Handful Flat Leaf Parsley finely chopped
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
Put the peeled and chopped potatoes into a large saucepan and cover in water - add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Boil for around 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when a knife is inserted.
Drain the potatoes using a colander then return to the pan. Mash with a potato masher until all the lumps are removed.
Add the butter and grated garlic and mash again.
Stir though the chopped thyme and parsley.
Slowly add the milk and mash - to create the texture you like - add the milk slowly - then mash, then add more milk if required.
Season to taste with salt and black pepper.