Yorkshire pudding doesn’t just belong on a roast dinner you know! Our totally delicious Yorkshire Pudding Dessert with ice cream and golden syrup is and easy family dessert recipe and is always wolfed down – it’s just SO good!
Is Yorkshire pudding sweet or savoury?
That retro 80s classic dessert of steaming hot Yorkshire pudding straight from the oven, drizzled with golden syrup and dolloped with some really good vanilla ice-cream is just SO delicious – And… if you’ve never eaten Yorkshire pudding dessert then you are really missing out!
How to make Yorkshire pudding
To whisk up a Yorkshire pudding batter is simple. Throw the flour into a mixing bowl, make a well in the middle and drop in two eggs and half of your milk, then mix slowly into circles until you’ve incorporated all of the flour into a thick batter mixture, then add the remaining milk slowly until you have the consistency of thick milk shake. We’re talking literally 5 minutes to mix this up, it’s super quick.
How to cook Yorkshire pudding so it doesn’t sink
To cook, heat the oven to 200C. Then simply pour a puddle of sunflower oil into a roasting tin and place it the hot oven for around 2 minutes until it’s spitting hot. Remove the oil from the oven and pour in the Yorkshire pudding batter. Then return to the oven and cook for around 20-25 minutes until golden and fluffed up. Don’t keep opening the oven to check the pudding otherwise it won’t rise.
A 80s retro dessert that's oh so good!
- 125g plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 200ml milk
- Sunflower oil for cooking
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Tip the flour into a mixing bowl and make a well in the middle. Crack the eggs and half of your milk into the well.
- Slowly mix in circles until you've incorporated all of the flour into the egg and milk mixture to make a thick batter mixture.
- Then add the remaining milk slowly until you have the consistency of thick milk shake.
- Pour a small puddle of sunflower oil into a roasting tin and place it the hot oven for around 2 minutes until it's spitting hot. Remove the oil from the oven, swirl the tin gently so the oil covers the base of the roasting tin.
- Then pour in the Yorkshire pudding batter, place the tray in the oven and cook for around 20-25 minutes until golden and fluffed up.
- Don't keep opening the oven to check the pudding otherwise it won't rise.
More easy dessert recipes for you to try…
Hit subscribe below for more food and lifestyle inspiration
Get all our easy dessert recipes here
Get lots more delicious, healthy kid friendly recipes here
Love sweet stuff? – get our most delicious recipes here