Keeping on top of the housework is tough, I get it, I really do. Life with kids is hectic and some days are just so busy that the house gets totally messed up.
This is the speedy version of housework, this is how I clean up in 20 minutes flat when the house is a mess and guests are on the way over. Keep your focus on the areas they’ll see and worry about the rest another time…
Things you’ll need to speed clean the house
- laundry basket
- antibacterial spray
- bleach/toilet cleaner
- cleaning cloth
How to speed clean the house – essential cleaning chores
- First open all the windows wide, turn the music up loud and get some energy flowing – you’ll move quicker, feel happier and the house will smell fresher instantly.
- Get the laundry basket, run around the hall, living rooms and kitchen and clear any clutter into the basket. Hide the basket in a bedroom that you’re guests won’t be going into.
- Living room – plump cushions, neaten throws, ditch any rubbish, wipe dust off TV screen.
- Kitchen – stack any dirty pots in a bowl of hot soapy water in the sink.
- Bathroom – quickly clean the toilet and sink with antibacterial spray, squirt bleach or toilet cleaner down the toilet. Change towels and bathmat for fresh clean ones. If you have an upstairs and downstairs bathroom just clean the downstairs bathroom and direct your guests to use that one.
Cleaning you need to do – if time…
- Vacuum hall and living room.
- Vacuum and speed mop the kitchen floor – dampen mop, spray cleaner directly onto the floor and quickly mop, don’t overdo the water.
- Wash the pots you left soaking in the sink earlier.
- Close windows and generally dust and polish in the living room until they arrive.
And if you like your cleaning routine to be a little more organised you might like our Easy housework routine or Things to do everyday to keep the house clean and organised.