Start the morning off with a filling omelette that packs in two of your five a day and keeps you full until lunch time.
Whisk up a breakfast omelette in no time. You’ll need a large vine tomato chopped into bitesize pieces and a small bag of spinach, you could use 2 cubes of frozen chopped spinach if you prefer.
Heat a splash of olive or rapeseed oil in a frying pan and tip in the tomatoes and spinach, stir fry until cooked. Meanwhile whisk together two eggs, a small splash of milk and a small handful of grated Parmesan with a grinding of cracked black pepper.
Heat the grill to high and pour the egg mixture over the vegetables, swirling the pan to cover them all. As the omelette cooks just bringing in the edges with a spatula to keep it nice and compact. Once the breakfast omelette has set, just pop the pan under a hot grill to set the top, then slide onto a plate and serve.
Make it your way…
- No spinach? Skip it and use sliced mushrooms instead
- Fancy some peppers – slice some up and add them
- Want some meat? Throw in a couple of discs of chorizo or ham
You might also like our totally yum Hipster Brunch
- olive oil, butter or rapeseed oil to cook
- 1 large vine tomato
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach or 2 cubes of frozen spinach (defrosted)
- 2 eggs
- a splash of milk
- small handful of grated parmesan cheese
- sea salt and black pepper to season
- Heat a splash of oil or butter in a frying pan and briskly fry the tomato and spinach.
- Mix the eggs, splash of milk and grated Parmesan together and season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the grill to high.
- Pour the eggs over the spinach and tomato and swirl the pan to cover everything - cook gently until eggs are set.
- Pop pan under hot grill to cook the top of the omelette.