My really nice rhubarb crumble is so easy to make and so yummy to eat. Add a handful of oats into the crumble topping for added crunch and goodness.
To make the rhubarb crumble just wash and chop the rhubarb and scatter into an oven proof dish – I usually use a small casserole dish.
Rhubarb can be quite bitter so toss over some brown sugar, add as much or a little as you like. Then mix up a simple crumble topping. Rub the butter into the flour then stir in the oats and sugar. Scatter the crumble topping over the rhubarb and bake for around 20 – 25 minutes or until the rhubarb is sticky and jammy and seeping through the golden brown crumble topping.
Totally delicious rhubarb crumble that's just perfect with cream.
- 3-4 large sticks of rhubarb
- 3 tbs brown sugar (more if you like it sweeter)
- 180g plain flour
- 100g butter at room temperature
- 50g oats
- 50g brown sugar
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Wash and chop the rhubarb into bitesize pieces and scatter them into an oven proof dish.
- Scatter over the 3 tbs of brown sugar.
- Make up a crumble topping - rub the butter into the flour and stir in the oats and sugar. Scatter the crumble topping over the rhubarb.
- Bake the crumble in the oven for around 20 - 25 minutes until the rhubarb is sticky and jammy and the crumble nice and brown.
Make it your way…
- Add in some chopped apples or pears with the rhubarb.
- Flavour the rhubarb with ginger or vanilla.
- Serve it with clotted cream, ice-cream or custard